Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It has been more than six months since I created this blog. Initially it was supposed to chronicle the process of building The Valley's Club and the creation of the curriculum for the programs that will be taught there. What I am finding is that the effort and energy needed to take the first step is probably what keeps most people from doing more than simply talking about their "great ideas".

As I look around at others who have started businesses I am realizing that for the most part they aren't special in any significant way. The biggest difference is that they seem willing to take a risk. I guess the question for those of us not willing to take the risk is,"what are we afraid of?" Is it a fear of what might happen in the event of failure, or a fear that you lack the ability or skills needed to succeed? So what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment